Image via Wikipedia
My friend David Ang turned me on to this new patent. Great idea. Could even put this on the base supports of all those existing windfarm generators already out there. Here's a map for all you entrepreneurs out there.
Systems, apparatus and methods for generating power from fluid motion, such as wind are provided. The apparatus is a wing-shaped airfoil with cup-shaped indentations that allow the airfoil to harness wind energy throughout a wide range of wind speeds and from different wind directions. The indentations harness wind energy at low wind speeds while the wing-shape generates a lifting force at high wind speeds to harness wind energy. The system comprises one or more of the devices configured in a hollow, generally cylindrical, shape and connected to a ring frame. The system rotates about an axis running through the center of the ring frame. The rotational motion of the system generates electrical power via a generator. The method is a method for generating electrical power from the rotational motion of the system.
|Share this post :|
Related articles by Zemanta
- Prof: Use wind turbines as flywheels to smooth output
- Build Your Own Wind Power Generators
- Wind energy supply dips during cold snap
- Eco Gadgets: cut your electricity bills with solar, wind power generator
- How To Make Your Own Wind Power Generators
- UK takes first place as world leader in offshore wind energy generation
- Patrick Barkham visits the world's largest offshore windfarm
- How Wind Power Generators Be Built To Cut Power Costs To Zero
- Tricycle Round Up: Three Wheels Better than Two?
- Graphic Series: Earthly Ideas, Week 13